In December 2016, Davenport University implemented the first few modules of Empower U — a new Human Resources System that provides a fully integrated solution to host HR information in one automated system.
Empower U allows for the flow of employee information from application to performance management.
“The benefits of Empower U, our new HRIS system, will empower you as an employee with its many exciting features and functionality,” said Deann Giles, director of employment services. “The new system will allow you the ability to search and apply for full-time and part-time positions within DU as an internal candidate and grants access to a variety of training tools using the Develop U tab.”
New Empower U features enable employees to:
- View the organizational chart
- Use People Finder to locate colleagues across DU
- Add or change profile photos
- View and update universal profile and resume
- Apply for an open position within DU as an internal applicant using Career Center
Employees can access Empower U within their My Connection page after logging in to their DU account. View additional information relevant to employees and hiring managers, as well as key details about Develop U and the performance module. For help using Empower U, view the tutorial guide.
Hiring managers, including those who manage student employees, can use Empower U’s “Manager Tools” to:
- Request a new position (not a replacement)
- Recruit (replace an employee who has left)
- Position changes including interim or temporary positions
- Access frequently used HR forms like the Notice of Separation, Reference Check Form and the I9 Form within “Manager Resources.”
View the Recruiting and Applicant Tracking Work Flow document to learn more about the process.
Because Empower U is linked with data in banner, DU’s payroll system, the information is updated nightly. If there is information that is out-of-date, contact Deann Giles at email@example.com.
Develop U includes thousands of online and self-paced learning options including: live training, eLearning, webinars from bestselling authors and business leaders, technical certification preparation, compliance training, and more. These offerings support core competency skill development to help employees perform to DU’s mission, vision and values. Review the browsing basics guide to learn more.
Performance Management Module
Launching on Dec. 1, the Empower U Performance Management module will allow employees to create and manage their goals throughout the year, as well as add activities and targets to help them accomplish goals by DU’s KPI’s and department objectives.
Upcoming training dates for employees for the performance module:
- Friday, Dec. 1 – W.A. Lettinga Campus – Grand Rapids – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Friday, Dec. 1 – W.A. Lettinga Campus – Grand Rapids – 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 5 – Lansing Campus – 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 7 – Warren Campus – 11 a.m. to noon
- Monday, Dec. 11 – Virtual via Collaborate – 11 a.m. to noon
- Monday, Dec. 11 – Virtual via Collaborate – 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
To register for Performance Management training:
- Visit the Empower U homepage.
- Under the Training Links section on the right side of the screen, click the link for “Empower U Performance Management” sessions.
- Select “Request” for the desired session. This will add the training to your transcript and you will receive an email confirmation.